Wednesday 1 February 2017

The Waveborn Legacy - Series Two, Episode One! (A New Era!)

Welcome back!
So the results of the heir poll came in, and with four votes to Tada's one and Vino's zero, the winner is...
Rudolph Waveborn!
I really didn't think that he would end up as our heir, to be honest! But, as his Aspiration is to be a Freelance Botanist, we'll get to work on the garden! Yay!
At the moment, he's still a Teenager, but like Tada, he'll age up soon. With Tada, my plan is to ship him off with Johanna, and ditto with Vino. Basically, they'll move in with their romantic partners as soon as they can.
Anyway, here's a pic of our current heir!


I've had him busily painting away, as it brings in a good amount of money, and Mariana's recent promotions also brought in some money, so we've got about §2, 204 in bank right now (of course, Issac has also been working!) and counting. The other day, he managed a Masterpiece, and I had to immediately sell it (we'll only be keeping portraits!), but I think I'll definitely make sure that when he hits adulthood he becomes a Painter.

I've also extended the kitchen slightly, given it a nice tile floor, and solved our dining/living problem - I need to move the door, and move the kitchen back, extend the living room into where it was/currently is, and we'll have a nice dining area and living area!  I also want a rug in the living area at some point. My goals just keep stacking up!


But the good thing is that when eventually Rudolph meets someone and brings them back home, it will be a nice house to bring them back to! Especially when I look back at what Issac was brought home to...

However, we do need a new master bedroom, so the former one shall henceforth be known as the Dower Bedroom, which takes inspiration from the tradition of large estates and noble families having a house known as the 'dower house' which the widow of the former landowner would move into when the heir married, and would therefore need the house for his family. Quite apt, I think (I might even build a tiny bungalow to be a proper little dower house in the future at the back of the plot!)

In other news, because I decided to cheer myself up, I've bought the Vintage Stuff Pack from GAME, and I absolutely love it! I'm wavering on whether to change Mariana's pjs now that she is officially no longer the driving force behind the legacy, and also an adult, but it's hard to say no to her cute little cat print night dress. However, I will have to change it soon.

Her normal outfit, on the other hand, has been swapped to this gorgeous ensemble!


GUYS.
She looks so beautiful, she really does! It's so elegant, it's so stylish, and best of all, only the necklace is custom content! The rest is completely Vintage Stuff. It looks so gorgeous, and I'm in love with it.

While I was at it, I also changed her formal gown, as I felt it was a bit flashy, compared with her current everyday outfit. I think she's gone from a really vibrant personality to sort of a warmer, more mature personality, and I wanted her formal outfit to reflect that (plus, I really liked the dress I found in the Vintage Stuff pack).


So elegant...

As I was looking at the Vintage outfits anyway, I thought I might as well change Issac's outfit! Something that was more sophisticated!


He looks so awesome in his waistcoat! And it's definitely a nicely dapper casual look. Dapper ol' Muscleman Babydad!

The look extended to his formal wear as well...
Although I'm honestly unsure as to whether the jacket comes from the Vintage Stuff Pack or whether it comes from the base game.


And I did it, I finally got rid of the slightly disturbing shorts from his Athletic outfit! Woo!


I've also been tinkering around with the house again! Just a couple of bits and pieces that I'm proud of, to be honest. I've put proper lighting in the corridor, flooring to match the living/dining area, made the walls a nice blue colour, and extended the corridor along the next side of the Yoga Room.


And while I was at it, I also spruced up the Yoga Room!


It may only be a light blue carpet and a pretty gradient wallpaper, but it really just makes the room look so calming, or at least it does to me. I'll hopefully be able to add some décor and one or two other wellness bits and pieces. It's all on it's way!

While decorating that, I found that somehow I'd missed the fact that the two rooms had a window between them (Rudy's room and the Yoga Room). So I've moved the window to above the sink in the kitchen, looking out at the surrounding area!


It's the little things that make the difference!

I know I haven't focused on Rudolph much this episode, and it's unlikely that until he hits Young Adult that I'll be able to focus on him all that much aside from his painting. However, rest assured, he is indeed our heir, and will soon be brought into focus as the star of the second series of the Waveborn Legacy!

I still can't believe that I reached Series 2. To be honest, I was sure that it would all crash and burn. However, despite our many fires in the kitchen, we've pulled through and survived the storm. From here on out, our Legacy family should start slowly amassing wealth and creating a better future for the next generations!

Additionally, as we need a portrait of Rudolph when he reaches Young Adult, I'll be starting to get Mariana to learn how to paint. She and Issac will not be moving out of the house, but instead, be staying until they pass on. They've worked hard enough for it, after all!

What really amazes me and makes me happy is that I already have had suggested names for the next generation on another platform. They're already noted down, and if you know which platform I mean, feel free to contact me on Live Chat with name suggestions for the future babies (because there will be babies, obviously) and I'll note them all down. Otherwise, feel free to comment name suggestions here!

But I think that's enough misty eyed reflection for now.
Lilypad, signing off!
- lilypadmeulin


No comments:

Post a Comment