Thursday 9 February 2017

The Waveborn Legacy - Series Two, Episode Three! (Mariana-Centric)

Hey, lovelies!

Sorry that this is a little late. My internet failed, and unfortunately it did so before it could save the episode I had all written out. I reacted badly, and couldn't touch this for a couple of days. However, I'm back now, and happy to be bringing you the Waveborn Legacy!

So, last episode I got the Vanity table, and in today's episode, I decided to test out the whole 'trying on make up before you go out' thing with it. I mean, clearly something THIS aesthetic had to be full of awesome makeup! Plus, it's from the Vintage Pack!~


To be honest, this was just to test out the Vanity Table, and I pretty much decided to stick with our marine theme by going with Blues and Silvers. I was curious to see how it turned out!


And the results?
The results were that Mariana's eyeliner disappeared, and the silvery tones made her look tired. I'll keep trying, however, because I want the Vanity Table in my house, and also to find a good look for Mariana when she hits old age and won't wear eyeliner.


In other (better) news, Rudolph not only painted this adorable picture after coming home from school flirty thanks to a random event, but painted a couple of Masterpieces, which is both rare and convenient, as I immediately sold them and hit 6,000 Simoleons! I wish we had been able to keep this picture, though.


However, with the money, I was able to fix a few things here and there! For starters, the outside walls have been bugging me for a while, so I went with a light grey brick for the entire house, and I really, really like it! It kind of gives off a 'friendly neighbourhood' vibe.


I also went ahead and bought a violin for Issac - naturally, a blue one - so that I can start working on his Musical Genius Aspiration. It'd be nice to get it completed before he dies, but I don't hold any high hopes - but working at it is better than giving up!


Here he is, practising for the first time. It sounded pretty awful, I'm not going to lie to you, but I'm sure that with practice, like we all do, he will improve and sound better.


Our final renovation was my planned and much awaited portrait room. I just absolutely love how this turned out! I felt a chandelier was appropriate, and the minute I saw these beautiful double doors, I had to have them. I moved Vino's room to give the portrait room space, and now, it's proudly sitting at the back of the house...


...with two portraits already in pride of place immediately opposite the double doors. Mariana and Issac are now able to look upon their descendants for all of time, preserved in Rudolph's portraits, and hopefully they will soon be surrounded by the portraits of those who will come after them.

And the wallpaper is also stunning. Is there anything in the Vintage Pack I don't like? Doesn't seem like it!


Mariana is still working at her painting skill, but she can't quite paint from reference yet (more's the pity, but I'm sure she will by the time Rudolph is a Young Adult).


And now, a Disney Princess pose by the sink. Is she happy? I'd certainly like to think so. After all, she has been succeeded by her son, gone from a grey little box to a happy and spacious home, and hopefully will, at one point, have four grandchildren in order to complete her aspiration. Her world has become a loving one, and the family wealth is starting to stock up. While she one day will pass away, she will leave behind a Legacy that owes her a great deal and that also will fondly remember her.


Maybe they'll even name a child after her?

See you next episode!

- lilypadmeulin

No comments:

Post a Comment