Sunday 29 January 2017

The Waveborn Legacy - Episode Twenty-Five! (Who Let Me Design This House?)

Greetings! You have returned to the virtual family of the Waveborns!

So, even though he nearly BURNT DOWN THE FREAKIN' HOUSE, Tada has continued with cooking and progressed to Level 3 of the Cooking Skill. I'm also currently unsure how far along with the Creativity skill Rudolph is, but as long as he can bring in money and capture portraits, I'm not going to question it.


In other news....*victorious trumpets* I did it! I saved up enough money to give Issac and Mariana their own room!

 I've moved the bookcase and their bed in there, and got some nice blue lights. The wallpaper is from the same anchor custom content pack as the living room and Rudolph's room. I'm so proud that I managed to get around to doing this, honestly I am!

The current master bedroom is on the ground floor, because I'll only start building more stories when I've maxed out the lot. At the moment, it's not exactly an aesthetic, but soon enough I'll be able to save up enough money to redesign the outside. As I hate putting roofs on things, that may not be a thing that happens for a while (I lack the skill). I did originally intend to put the teenagers upstairs, but then I saw how ridiculously small the house is compared to the lot.

My new short term goals are to get the living room sorted out and potentially split into two, with a dining area and a living room area, a railing around the garden, which I may be moving again, and a small room to put portraits in. With regards to the garden, I'm really tempted to have an internalised courtyard, like with a Roman villa, but I'm pretty sure it would mean messing up my current mismatching house.

Speaking of portraits, though...


Rudolph has finished painting Mariana! She can now look upon her descendants for the rest of the legacy, no matter what! Finding space for this portrait was kind of difficult, I won't lie, which is why 'she' is currently residing between the kitchen and bathroom. However, it came out really well, and I love it. At the same time, though, it really shows the difference between Mariana now and Mariana at the start of the legacy.

Guys, look how far she's come. From the cute little sailor suit girl who was flirting with the librarian, in a home that was literally a toilet, a fridge, a shower, and a single bed, we now have a comfy-sweater wearing mother of three who's getting promoted at work, taking care of her family, living life to its fullest and who has properly founded a legacy. I honestly did not think we would get this far with the first generation, never mind before the next heir has been picked.

Also, quick news - it's nearly Vino's birthday! This means we are not that far off of picking our heir!
Even though that is happening, I've still done a little renovation work (and yes, that does mean just moving stuff again).

I've moved the penguin TV into the Totoro room! At some point, I'll expand it a little further, I think? I shrunk it before to save money, but I think if I get the Kids' Stuff pack, then it would be nice to have a TV area with a couple of bean bags. Ah well, the kids can probably afford to have separate rooms in the next generation!


As there is no longer a TV in the living room, however, I bought one! I'll keep the stand, but I'll probably upgrade the TV into something nicer once we have a bit more cash....


But still, it looks pretty nice! (We so need a sofa, though, and I might move Rudolph's room further back and place his door on the corridor.)

I'm still unsure where the portrait room should be. Maybe at the end of the corridor? It might look weird, but I think it would be ok somehow.

Ah! I don't know!

Before we wrap this up, however, I'd like to give you this picture of Tada chatting with Johanna on the phone, while his dad looks proudly on. It's the first interaction we've had with her for a little while, so I had to spam it a little so they stay even acquaintances.


That's all for now!
- lilypadmeulin

No comments:

Post a Comment