Sunday 29 January 2017

The Waveborn Legacy - Episode Twenty-Six! (Plans, Plans, Plans)

I know that this will be my second episode of today, but I don't really mind - for starters, I may be sharing these here and there but for the most part I'm the only one avidly following it. Might as well make myself happy by posting as many as I like!

Also, for those of you who haven't somehow heard the trumpeting noises from England that sound like a competition between a tuba and an elephant, here's the deal: I'm sick with a cold that is horrible, to the point where I had to come home. Seeing as this means I have to rest up, I have time to play Sims, among normal things like getting coursework done, so that means more Sims than usual, therefore more episodes than usual.

So for starters, I realised that I do somewhat have a (solo) dining area. What I'll probably do is extend the kitchen so that I can turn part of that into a dining area. It's hard to design this properly, though! I do want a big dining table, though, so even moving the kitchen and putting a room between would work. I would have to move the second bathroom, but I believe I have a space for it.

(I love musing about my plans.)

Anyway, this is pretty much what we have at the moment.


Things are still breaking, sadly, and when we have enough steady income, or enough saved (and I will have to start saving up, I believe...) I hope to replace all of the bad plumbing. If it's not the sinks, it's the showers. If it's not the showers, it's the toilets. If it's not the toilets, the fridge sparks and threatens explosions.
Sigh.
Sims, the realism behind this constant stack of issues is amazing. Good job!

Yes, children. This is what happens with houses. EVERYTHING BREAKS. In my flat at uni, one of my flatmates has deduced that his bacon cooks quicker if in the very top of the oven. He hasn't yet figured out that his bacon fat sticking to the heating bit at the top is what causes the near constant smoke rolling out from the oven.

Unlike in my flat, though, Waveport (the house) has a pair of adults and one teenager able to repair anything flung their way!


But enough about how things break down. How's about....SOME FRIENDLY STUFF?
Yeah, for some reason, I couldn't access any romantic interactions with Johanna. However, as she was over, she and Tada hung out at the front of the house. Here's a little close up (she has pink eyebrows, but if all goes well, I can fix that). It might also be possible that she aged up while I was sorting things out...But she has been picked as his sweetheart, and you only get a certain amount of generated townies.
Yeah, the Young Adult thing only just occurred to me. Sh.


Their interactions started off tense, but quickly progressed to cloudgazing...


...and hugs!


I also got a loveseat so there was something of a living room while I save money. It's a start, and very nice! I think a lot of things in this house might end up being blue, to be honest...


Rudolph's painting has also really been boosting the household funds, too! I tried to get a portrait of Issac, but he keeps facing the wall. So, added to the list of things I need to do: create a small painter's room for Rudolph at some point, complete with chair so Issac will stay still. Seriously.


I've also extended the corridor to start the expansion / covering of the entire plot of land aside from our cute little garden and potentially a large graveyard at the back (because that will happen eventually, as unprepared for it as I am. The corridor is the first step to expanding, and it really  kind of makes it more than just an idea in my head, which is so awesome! I love the fact that this really is going to become a house that changes with each generation, and a big house, too!
So. Much. Hype.


Here we have a nice little family tableau with the two elder sons. I love how Mariana and Issac just snuggle up on this! Issana lives, y'all!

However, seeing as it's now pretty much a matter of hours until Vino's birthday (the hype!), I've had to take down all the pictures on the walls in the Totoro room. They're in storage, never to be displayed again, aside from the really good rainbow, which is in the master bedroom, next to the bookcase (in the corner). It's sad to think that once I've created another bedroom, which I will do pretty much immediately, if I can, there won't be another occupant of this room for a while.
Rock on, Totoro room. May you be inhabited as soon as possible.


Speaking of room creation, I decided to stop leaving the yoga mat outside. Behold, the Yoga Room! It's pretty cheap right now, but I want to turn it into a proper wellness room.


Mariana, being Active, put it to immediate use!



I wish I was that good at yoga...

See you next time!
- lilypadmeulin


No comments:

Post a Comment